Certificate of Good Conduct


When one is travelling to another country, a document that will often times be required for submission, whether it be, most commonly, for a residence permit, departure outside Russia, to receive citizenship in another country, to register one’s company abroad, to apply for a visa to certain countries in Europe, North America, or South America, or for other purposes, is a certificate of good conduct.

This document is used to prove a lack of a criminal history or, in the event that one does have offenses on one’s record, the document will include such relevant information. Certificates of good conduct are acquired from the Main Information and Analysis Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. In cases where one’s past residence took place in a particular region of the Russian Federation, the document would need to be either acquired either in that region or in Moscow, where the certificate can be acquired in regards to past residence in any region of the Russian Federation. In other words, if you lived in Arkhangelsk, you can obtain the document by visiting the Arkhangelsk Region or Moscow. The certificate is also attainable for foreign nationals who are temporarily registered on the territory of the Russian Federation.

It is important to note that certificates of good conduct are formalized strictly with the use of a government-issued form, which allows for it to be them to be stamped with an apostille or undergo consular certification for a particular country. No other form is allowed. Any individual who is a resident of the Russian Federation can receive a certificate of good conduct in the consulate of his or her country, but this certificate will not be accepted for use for the purposes of placing an apostille on it for validity abroad. In order to have the document properly apostilled, it must be applied for in the designated government authorities (in the Main Information and Analysis Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation), not in the national’s consulate, along with one’s residence registration, a copy of the person’s visa, and a notarized translation of the passport. In the case that a legal representative is the one visiting the information center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the foreign national must formalize a power of attorney for the representative.

Furthermore, not only can we request it for individuals with past resident anywhere in the Russian Federation, but also in the CIS states (Belarus, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Tajikistan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia) and non-CIS states (Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States, Spain, Italy, etc.).

In order to receive a certificate of good conduct in some one’s name via a legal representative without coming in person, you will need a notarized or our corporate power of attorney and a copy of your  passport. However, where do you turn if you are a Russian passport holder who has been living outside of Russia for a long time with only an international passport? We will be more than happy to take care of these issues for you. We are able to provide document delivery in Moscow, across the Russian Federation, as well as to anywhere in the world via an express delivery service, including: DHL, UPS, FedEx, TNT, Major, Pony Express, CDEK, and others. We will also be happy to greet you at our office.

Остались вопросы? - Звоните! - +7(499) 391-35-01

Все интересующие Вас вопросы по предлагаемым услугам можно задать нашему специалисту по телефону, или оставьте запрос на сайте, мы ответим на него в кратчайшие сроки.